ALL BLACKS CAMP FOR KIDS!
“Growth and Development for our Grassroots Level”
To develop the basics skills and techniques of rugby for our Tamariki.
- Catch and Pass
- Ball into Contact and Post Contact
- Kicking Game
- Inclusive and a welcoming environment that allows players to express themselves and be who they are in team environment despite the level of Rugby IQ.
- “Iron sharpens Iron”
- Engaging players interest and providing a quality training that will enhance performance develop their skill set and mindset in Rugby.
- Enjoyment so players can be excited learning alongside their friends which will establish a strong team bond and culture.
- Ages 9yrs old to 13yrs old
- Talent ID
- From schools and clubs
- Those willing to sharpen their skills and develop their Rugby IQ.
Catch and Pass technique
- Ball familiarity
- Sight Target
- Ball loaded from hip
- Shoot hands through to target
- Follow through
- Target/Breadbasket Up
- Inside Hand slightly lower than outside hand
Ball into Contact and Post Contact
- Two hands holding the ball
- Dancing Feet to target defender’s weak shoulder
- Drop shoulder and Ball tucked under the armpits away from tackler
- Drive through contact
- Post Contact: Hit the ground
- Staple position with long ball placement
- Eyes on the Puku (target)
- Dancing/Fast Feet
- Stomp Foot
- Same Foot, Same Shoulder
- Punch and Squeeze
- Stay squeezing until attacker goes to ground to complete tackle
- Release and roll away (Sideline to Sideline not Tryline to Tryline)
- Spring back up to your feet
- Enter through the gate
- Aeroplane taking off not landing
- Get shoulder under
- Shoot arms through and squeeze
- Hook lever
- Drive through not up
- Stay on your feet
- Maintain strong low body position
- Clean out threats
“Quality Coaching and Basic Skills throughout the program is paramount and making sure WE HAVE FUN!”
Vuga Tagicakibau | Rugby Development Officer
M | 021 58 5947 | E | email@example.com