Sport NZ Media Release, 14 Feb 2021
As notified by the Prime Minister this evening, New Zealand is changing COVID-19 alert levels from 11.59pm tonight until Wednesday February 17.
This will be reviewed every 24 hours. This position was reached after three new community cases were confirmed in Auckland.
• Auckland is moving into Alert Level 3
• The rest of the country to Alert Level 2
Sport NZ’s alert level tables remains current. Please refer to these to understand the guidelines for sport, recreation and play at each alert level. We are responding to a very fluid situation, but not one that is new to us. As the lead Government agencies release more information, and if our alert level guidance changes, we will let you know immediately.
A reminder that alert level three means:
• Staying home and working remotely if you can
• Travel in and out of Auckland is restricted
• Public venues like pools and playgrounds are closed
• Organised sport or physical activity is not allowed outside ‘bubbles’
• Water sports are heavily restricted and must remain low risk
• Low risk local recreation is allowed
It is important to note that outside of Auckland, alert level 2 means gatherings must limited to no more than 100.
Sport NZ Auckland offices will be shut from midnight tonight. Our Wellington office will be shut Monday while we implement essential health and safety requirements. All staff will continue to work remotely however while our physical offices are closed.
How to get support from Sport NZ:
• Contact your Partnerships Manager if you have one
• Or email: Covid19response@sportnz.org.nz
New Zealand has risen many times to the challenges posed by COVID-19 and we are sure we can do so again, by working as one team, together.
website by 72DPI